Try out these yummy school lunches this year.
Now that school is about to start, it’s time to start thinking about packing your kids’ lunches. While you do not want to spend all day preparing lunch for your kids, you also don’t want to settle for the same boring sandwich every day. If you want an easy way to keep school lunches interesting, then try out these tasty ideas.
Chicken Avocado Roll-Ups
- 2 avocados, cubed
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 bell peppers, seeds and cores removed, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar
- 2 tbsp. sour cream
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped chives
- 4 large flour tortillas
- In a medium bowl, combine avocado and lime juice and mash until only small chunks of avocado remain. Add chicken, bell pepper, red onion, Monterey Jack, cheddar, sour cream, and chives and stir until evenly combined.
- Spread a thin layer of the chicken avocado mixture onto a large tortilla, leaving a small border around the edges. Roll the tortilla up tightly, then cut off the edges and slice into 1-inch rolls. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
(for the salad)
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 medium cucumbers, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
(for the dressing)
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. oregano
- In a large bowl combine quinoa, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, avocado, feta, and parsley.
- Make the dressing: In a medium bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, honey, and garlic. Season with salt, red pepper flakes and oregano and whisk until combined.
- Pour dressing over salad mixture and toss until salad is coated in dressing. Garnish with more parsley and serve.
Try out these delicious and easy lunch ideas this school year. Are you looking for assistance with your insurance this academic year? If so, then contact the experts at The Schwab Agency in Colleyville, Texas. We are ready to assist you with all your coverage needs today.