You have had a few weeks to try and manage your child’s after-school activities, but no matter how well you plan, you feel as if this is the most hectic and stressful part of the day. Compiled are some helpful tips to simplify the process and make for a smooth transition:
- Are you choosing the right after-school activities? While your child may have enjoyed softball when she was young, maybe softball is just not for her anymore. You may want to sit down and consider which after-school activities interest your children most.
- Are you timing everything appropriately? If you bring your child back home for an hour before their after-school activity starts, they may not be benefiting from the down time. Consider having them go to the library for that hour instead so that they do not become lethargic.
- Set a day each week where every member of your family sits down for dinner and a family meeting. This will allow you to make any plans and inform members of a special event so that everyone is on the same page.
- It does not benefit the entire family as a whole if each member simply has their own personal calendar or planner. Rather, you will want to make a family calendar as well to highlight family events, holidays, important dates, etc.
- If you get your children in the habit of packing their backpacks and activity bags the night before, there will be less chaos each morning and a less difficult transition period after school.
- Do you take advantage of meal planning? With all the daily demands of life, meal planning can be a life saver! Shop on Sunday, cook on Sunday, and everything for the entire week will be ready!
- Most importantly, empower your children to make plans and become organized as well.
Contact The Schwab Agency for all of your Colleyville, Texas insurance needs. We can help provide every member of your family with guaranteed security.