Showcase the flavors of spring with this delicious recipe.
Spring is finally here! Want a delicious way to celebrate all the fresh flavors of spring? Try whipping up this tasty and refreshing cold noodle recipe.
Chilled Soba with Fresh Peas and Soft-Boiled Eggs
- ½ cup shelled fresh peas (from about 8 ounces pods), pods reserved
- Kosher salt
- 1 Serrano chili, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup kimchi juice (from a jar of kimchi)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon grated peeled ginger
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon chili oil, plus more for serving
- 6 ounces dried soba noodles
- 2 cups pea shoots
- 1 cup sliced quartered radishes
- 1 cup watercress greens
- 4 soft-boiled eggs, quartered
- Sliced scallions (for serving)
- Cook peas in a pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 2 minutes. Drain; transfer to a bowl of ice water. Let cool, then drain. Set aside.
- Bring pea pods (you should have about 4 oz.) and 1½ cups of water to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are soft, 20–30 minutes. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a medium bowl; discard solids. Cover and chill stock until cold, about 30 minutes. (We think this is a great way to make use of vegetable trimmings, but if you find the idea more work than you want to do, use vegetable stock instead.)
- Whisk chili, kimchi juice, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, ginger, sesame oil, and ½ tsp. chili oil into vegetable stock.
- Cook soba noodles in a pot of boiling salted water until tender; transfer to a bowl of ice water (this will stop the cooking). Swish noodles around; drain.
- Add noodles to bowl with dressing, along with pea shoots, radishes, watercress, and reserved peas and give it all a good toss to make sure noodles and vegetables are evenly coated. Divide among bowls; top with eggs and scallions and drizzle with a little chili oil.
This delicious noodle dish is sure to impress! Are you looking for assistance with your insurance this spring? Don’t hesitate to reach out to us at The Schwab Agency in Colleyville, Texas. Our dedicated team is ready to help you with all your insurance needs. Contact us to get started today.