Try out these suggestions to prepare for your life insurance medical exam.
When you apply for life insurance, the insurance company may require you to undergo a medical examination. While these exams are very relaxed and not something to worry about, there are some things that you should do to prepare. Here are some of the things that you can do to get ready.
Medical Exam Preparations
- Fast for 4-8 hours before the exam to ensure the most accurate readings.
- Limit your salt intake and refrain from eating fatty, high-cholesterol foods 24-hours prior to the exam.
- Avoid alcohol for at least 24-hours before the exam as alcohol consumption can increase the amount of fat in blood and liver functions.
- Limit caffeine and nicotine in the 24-hours leading up the exam as they can increase your blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Drink a glass of water one hour before the exam.
- Get a good night’s sleep before the exam.
- Have a photo ID ready at the time of the exam.
- Be prepared with all the names and dosages of your current medications.
- Be ready to explain if you have a history of problems associated with giving a blood sample.
- Prepare the names, addresses, and phone numbers of any doctors and clinics you have visited in the last five years.
- Be ready to report your regular physical activity levels.
- Be ready to report if you take aspirin or vitamins on a daily basis.
- Be ready to report medical conditions such as hypertension, diabetes, urinary specimen problems, heart conditions, and so on.
These are some of the things that you can do to prepare for your life insurance medical exam. Do you have additional questions regarding your life insurance? If so, then contact the experts at The Schwab Agency in Scotia, New York for assistance today.